Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 virus affecting my sound drivers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justnsane6

justnsane6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

I recently got hit with the Win7 Internet Security 2012 virus and used the removal instructions I found on this site (thanks). But now, it seems like it's affected my drivers. A lot of my devices say, "The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)" in the properties description. And most notably (and annoyingly), the sound doesn't work and the apparently "no audio output device is installed."

I've looked all over for solutions to the audio problem and nothing has worked. Anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2012 - 07:33 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am i Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

When you get these messages...did you uninstall the driver and then reinstall same?

Louis

#3 justnsane6

justnsane6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

When you get these messages...did you uninstall the driver and then reinstall same?

Louis

I tried to do that initially, but the software isn't even recognized in my device manager anymore.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

If you have uninstalled the damaged drivers and then reinstalled drivers...there's nothing I can suggest, if it is a driver problem.

If it's not a driver problem and your malware-removal efforts were ineffective...I suggest that we move this topic to Am I Infected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users