Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Artifacts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Allenaev

Allenaev

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Well, I have a HP ZD8000 which has an ATi Radeon X600 video card. Up until a few days ago it always ran fine. I've tried reformatting to fix the problem. The only time the problem seems to go away is when I'm using the "Standard VGA driver". When I install any version available of the ATi driver and try to run something such as a game even Angry Birds which barely uses any CPU it starts having artifacts all over the screen. Sometimes it will restart the ati driver, sometimes the screen will go black, but most of the time it has artifacts on the program that is using graphics. For instance I can run IMVU a 3D chat messenger perfectly fine but slowly using the "standard vga driver" but when I install an ATi driver it begins having problems, usually resulting in blue or black screen. I've tried updating to the latest driver, I've tried updating my directx, I've tried installing directx9 since It's a directx 9 card although I never had a problem until a couple days ago running everything normally. I've tried taking it apart to clean out the dust I've tried putting new thermal compound on the processor, I've tried reformatting in XP and 7 and XP won't even run with an ATi driver installed. I get a bluescreen with an error about atidvga.exe or something like that on XP. I'm totally at a loss here, I almost would say that the graphics card is going out but I don't think so because it runs the graphics card fine but slow using the "standard vga driver". I think if it was the graphics card it would mess up even using the standard driver. I've tried taking out each ram card and running them alone, I've tried putting in different ram. Help and suggestions are much appreciated. I can take apart and put this laptop with ease every time so I'm not afraid to open it up. Thanks! Attached is my dxdiag running the standard vga driver. I can put one using the Ati as well if needed.
Quick Edit: Also tried changing the resolution.

Edited by Allenaev, 07 December 2011 - 10:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users