Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Error After Enhancing Page File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gonsalves

gonsalves

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

Hi friends,
My Win xp was geting slower by the day so I decided to enhance my page file from windows managed to custom and set a random value of 1750 Mb.I have an installed memory of 256Mb.The system is free of any virus or malware. Now , after reboot when I try to open many of those files which I have created, I get a message ' cannot access the file, Data error.' I can surely try a system restore, but can anyone explain why it is happening.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

How did you go about enhancing the page file?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:12 PM

I'm thinking that you enhanced the dickens out of your page file - and now it won't work (too big for the resources that you have).

Change it back to "system managed" if you can - if not, use System Restore.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 gonsalves

gonsalves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

Dear usasma,
I am sorry to inform that the data error was infact " Data error (47 of 94 93 F4 K5 ). Which is characteristic of the now famous Kama Sutra. The page file thing was just a coincidence. Whatever it is , Do I have any options to recover those files? I have downloaded the tool from Symantec and disinfected the machine. I have also reinstalled my NortonAV which seems to have got corrupted. Do I have any options?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:26 AM

I'm not real good with spyware/virus recovery - so I'd suggest that you go here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Then, read the Preparation guide that's the first pinned topic - then submit a HiJackThis logfile for analysis.

Should the problem remain after the logfile has been cleaned, we can pick up the troubleshooting after that.

Good luck!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users