Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VinnieVirus

VinnieVirus

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

I have my favorite laptop that I use for work and gaming and all of the above. The kids were mesing around on it awhile back and I am pretty sure I have a serious virus. I was able to start up in safe mode and download and run malwarebytes. It found a bunch of things and removed them. I also tried Titanium Antivirus, AVG etc. Now the computer will no longer start in safe mode. When it starts up I get a blue screen and it says:

Stop:c0000135 {Unable to locate component} This application has failed to start because consrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I am desperate need for help in this area and would love to see if I can fix this without reformating. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

What's the make and model of the problem PC, and what operating system is running on it?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 VinnieVirus

VinnieVirus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Asus g50V

I believe I am still running windows Vista but it could be 7.

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Click Start.

Right-click "My Computer."

Click Properties.

Tell me what operating system it says you are running.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#5 VinnieVirus

VinnieVirus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

Sorry...the computer does not boot up so no way to check it. I am pretty sure its Vista

#6 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

Of course it can't boot to do that, that's why you're posting here. :axe:

I'm sorry, completely my fault. It's been a long day. :lol:

Regardless of how many times you try to boot into Safe Mode, you consistently get that BSOD with that error message?

Assuming that's the case, do you have a Recovery CD, Recovery Partition, or Vista OS CD/DVD?

Edited by TheShooter93, 08 December 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#7 VinnieVirus

VinnieVirus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yes...I have tried several times in a row. Once to go back to latest known good configuration and then the rest going into safe mode.

I do not have a recovery disk unfortunately.

#8 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Let's see if you have a Recovery Partition installed:

As the computer is booting up, tap F9.

This should allow you to access your Recovery Partition if it is present.

Note: Following through with the recovery process will result in loss of all personal data.

Have you backed up personal data to an external source?

#9 VinnieVirus

VinnieVirus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Not yet...I will do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users