Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undetectable Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Travismyname

Travismyname

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

Okay, where to begin? My system is infected with a seemingly invincible trojan/rootkit/virus. My symptoms include:

My browser is hijacked to that whenever I use any searches the links are hijacked and I'm sent to different pages.

iexplore.exe is consistently running and taking up huge amounts of memory despite Internet Explorer not running.

Initially started with a bad link that gave me the "your computer is infected buy our shady product to fix it" along with a million popups that are typical of an infection.

Now, this is where I think it gets tricky. I'm not a computer novice or anything and I have run the following to attempt to clean my system: Malawarebytes, Norton 360 6 beta antivirus, Norton Power Eraser, AVG rootkit, AVG antivirus, and Spyware Doctor. I've tried them all in normal, safe mode, and safe mode with networking and NONE OF THEM ARE DETECTING THE MAIN PROBLEM and only detecting stuff thats coming from this infection. I've also gone into my host/driver settings to make sure no additional sites have been added and made sure that whatever it is isn't messing with my proxy settings.

I'm at a real loss as to what else I can do. Why isn't this thing detectable? It's clearly there.

Also, the only way I can get the redirecting to stop is to go maximum security and disable all activeX controls but then nothing works. It also started causing Microsoft Silverlight to crash in all of my browers when trying to view NetFlix.

SOS Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

can you post the logs from your scans?

#3 Travismyname

Travismyname
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

Sure. The logs don't really say much though ...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 8293

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

12/3/2011 1:42:10
mbam-log-2011-12-03 (01-42-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 14197
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

Perform a complete scan.

#5 conconinc

conconinc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

I am no expert so I don't really have any advice except I had the same problem. I kept running scans from Malwarebytes and Vipre with no luck finding any virus. I finally downloaded free version of cc cleaner and ran that program and that did not work. Started my computer in safe mode and ran the antivirus software in there still did not show up on reports. Shut down computer and went to restart and windows and it would not load it would freeze. So I shut down the computer unplugged it took the battery out ( because I was told to do this for a similar problem on another computer) and tried to restart still did not start. So I used my Windows 7 repair disc that fortunately I created just for this purpose and it started with all my data in tack except the date was wrong and some of my previous updates were missing. But the good news is that the virus disappeared too. My searches have been going where they are suppose to for two days now I think I got rid of it and I don't know what actually did it. I think my problem started with the system fix virus not sure. Just glad it is gone it was annoying to say the least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users