Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

arrived right before turkey day

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

:hello: Hi! I'm C.J., I Googled for computer help with browser redirects after a long nightmare of attacks and ended up here. Unfortunately, my laptop's OS (Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit) hasn't quite recovered from the last time we got something nasty, so it suffered some more damage and took Windows Update and Backup down with it. Hopefully, there's enough reliable freeware out there and suggestion on here that are compatible with us to supplement what functionality is lost. Next life, I'll be sure to beef up my internet security!

I have an Acer Aspire 4720z named after a Harry Potter book character (not a popular one...) and it's currently stuck with an external monitor after a keyboard replacement. Never wipe down your laptop with Lysol wipes, they're terribly corrosive. I had been quite sick at the time, I thought was doing a good thing by "disinfecting" the outside of it. :oopsign:

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users