Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Preparing log report" window is freezing computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mchris1

mchris1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Dear All,
I have a client that used Combofix to clean his PC (Windows XO SP3).
The cleaning process seems to have finished, and the PC restarted. Once it restarted the "Preparing log report" window appeared. My client let it run for about 30 minutes and then shutdown the PC using the power button.Upon restarting the "Preparing log report" window appeared again. He let it run for about an hour without results. Even the time on the PC has freezed.
How can I disable the log report generator and remove Combofix?
The PC does not have any antivirus running.
It has Deepfreeze. Combofix was installed and run while Deepfreeze was unlocked, but the report generator run upon restart of the PC and therefore Deepfreeze was locked

Kindly advise
Thanks
Marios

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 December 2011 - 04:43 PM.
Moved to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users