Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant boot win7 after removing google redirect with tdsskiller then mbam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdog665

jdog665

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hello,this is my first post.ok. my sis bought a computer from my brother. he believes he gave her the win7 homepremium install cd but she does not. so i have his oem win7 at the moment but it does not seem to help.
the computer had google-redirect, would open IE on its own , sometimes an audio ad would play while no browsers were open. then sometimes it would download fakeSysDefender, wich i would remove with a sys restore. I got sick of this & looked up how to remove google redirect. i ran tddskiller then malware bytes(free vers.) MBAM removed threats & said to reboot. upon rebooting well it does not.
it gives options to start win normally (wich fails & loops back to this point)- or to start win recovery(recommended). At system recovery it says to select operating system-- none are listed.It does say if no op sys is listed, click load drivers. If I do that I see some folders unsure if i can do something with this. can also click library(empty) & computer wich shows a c:, d: & x: drives ( & E: dvd drive)
Or instead of load drivers, I can click next without selecting an opSys. Here startup repair cannot fix, sys restore cannot find file specified, same with sys image, memcheck runs & says its ok. I can access recovery command prompt.
My sis is very pissed at me for attempting to fix her comp any & all help would be appreciated.I have a 1997 desktop with 128 Mb RAM, no cd burner & doesnt support new usb- that i am using to post this & check replies. TY.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jdog665

jdog665
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

Oh yea srry. start-up repair fail details--- root cause= 1 system volume is corrupt

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hello, in the Recovery Environment, can you get at the command prompt?

If so, type the following lines and press enter after each.

c:

chkdsk /r

You'll be prompted to unmount the volume, type Y and press enter.

If the disk check doesn't start, type chkdsk /r again and press enter.
Let the disk check run unhindered. Note, this may take a long time.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,986 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hi, are you still there?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 60,986 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users