Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail Standard view

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peem

peem

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

XP Home. SP3. Firefox.
A month or two ago my computer was running very slow when I was using Gmail so I switched to HTML to see if that would help. It did a bit so I kept it like that. Now though I cannot get it back to the standard view, or rather I can by clicking on to the 'Switch to standard view'heading at the top, but when I log out and back in again I am back to HTML.
I obviously cannot forward emails with images in HTML mode, so is there a way to switch permanently?
I have tried disabling my extensions but it made no difference.I have also tried running gmail in IE. Same thing.

Edited by hamluis, 06 December 2011 - 10:59 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hi peem,

Have you tried signing out of Gmail then signing back in with Firefox or IE which are listed as fully supported browsers?

Standard view is what you'll see when you sign in to Gmail from a fully supported browser, and gives you access to all Gmail features.

See the following link for more information:

Gmail-Standard view and basic HTML view

See if that helps to solve your issue. If not, hopefully one of the other members will have a solution.

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#3 peem

peem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hi DonnaB, thanks for replying.
Yes I have used both Firefox and IE, signed in and out of both, still the same.

I've also read both articles but still no joy I'm afraid.
Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users