Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen everytime I turn on computer

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

What are your plans for this desktop PC? Do you intend or is it a possibility that you will be getting another new hard drive?

If we had a suitable hard drive that we could attach to the motherboard of the desktop PC along with the problematic one, we could attempt some more data recovery by cloning the problematic hard drive to the good one. The degree of success would dependent on how severe the problem is though.

When finished with the data recovery, you could use the new hard drive to install/re-install the operating system (if necessary).

Edited by AustrAlien, 27 December 2011 - 05:29 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 mnovak

mnovak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

I'm going to buy a new computer, but I have this other hard drive: Seagate U6 Model: ST340810A
Would that work for what you're talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users