Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Paragon Of Vitue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rolleddi

rolleddi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:59 AM

Hi there,

I've just tried to use Paragon HardDisk Manager to resize a Windows ME partition only to find that now it won't boot, it just says "Your disks were modified by Paragon Partition Engine! Insert its boot diskette and press any key..."

When i follow these instructions the software goes into it's restart proceedure but then just locks up.

Having looked atthe contents of the hard drive with other recovery software (which didn't work) it looks like I now have two boot sectors.

Anyone know how I can get my machine to boot?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

This might be a time to contact Paragon.
What version are you using??
Is it compatible with WinME?

Version 6.0:
http://www.paragon.ag/hdm/home/personal/index.htm

Simple recovery functionality for system crashes, including recovering important documents. Bootable CD is available to fix or restore unbootable system, or to save important documents on recordable CD/DVD.

#3 rolleddi

rolleddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi River_Rat. Thanks for the reply.

I was hopeing the fact that the ME partition is FAT32 that the software would work ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users