Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Not Working Dell Inspiron E1505

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pculter

pculter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I had the XP Antivirus 2012 on my computer and successfuly removed it with instructions from this site. Ever since then, my keyboard is not working in windows. It does work in BIOS. When I go to control panel> keyboard> I see the following message under Device Status:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration infomation (in the registry) is imcomplete or damaged. (code 19)

It is a Dell Inspiron E1505, windows XP, Service pack 3

Please help!

Thanks

Edited by pculter, 06 December 2011 - 12:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Did you try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager...then rebooting and allowing it to reinstall?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users