Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

curious kookie cookie names

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redhate

redhate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

No problem here I don't think, I'm just curious about something I noticed recently.

I use XP/IE8.

My cookie names used to be informatively named after the web site that created them. In the past month or so I noticed that now they are all a seemingly random string of eight characters like: XPLTA8GR.txt

Does anyone know why?

I am also getting help here diagnosing a virus so I hope that is unrelated.

I just discovered how to select cookies to exclude from deletion using CCleaner but the new names were making it hard to figure out the ones to keep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldhound

goldhound

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

No problem here I don't think, I'm just curious about something I noticed recently.

I use XP/IE8.

My cookie names used to be informatively named after the web site that created them. In the past month or so I noticed that now they are all a seemingly random string of eight characters like: XPLTA8GR.txt

Does anyone know why?

I am also getting help here diagnosing a virus so I hope that is unrelated.

I just discovered how to select cookies to exclude from deletion using CCleaner but the new names were making it hard to figure out the ones to keep.

Hello,

I am not an expert but i do know that if you are receiving help with malware removal it is best that during the process you do not use CCleaner or others such as TFC unless advised to do so by your helper.

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users