Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix runs in reduced functionality

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joeb3817

joeb3817

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

I have been trying to clean out my machine and having no luck.
The system is XP Pro SP3. I have run AVG from a boot disk, no effect.
I have run Kaspersky from a boot disk, no effect. I do not have network connectivity.
I put in an address vs DHCP the network is there but will not connect.
Malwarebytes cannot be updated so seems to beof little use.
Lastly I tried to load Combofix, the installer loads all the packages etc
and just before it is to begin its proccesses a box appears showing the following:
Version 11-11-22.01
Current date is 2011-12-05. ComboFix has expired
Click yes to run in REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY mode
Click No to exit

I have done everything I can think of but nothing has worked

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Please...read the following.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

If you have a malware issue and would like to post the appropriate logs...then read/follow the directions at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html . Note that the logs are not to be posted in this forum, which deals with system problems and not malware issues.

Louis

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

In addition to hamluis' link to our public information on ComboFix:

While ComboFix should only be run under the supervision of a trained helper. If you choose to ignore that advice and run it yourself you should always download and use the latest version. ComboFix is constantly updated and as you have found out has an 'expiration date'.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users