Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Left clicking Wireless icon wont open a menu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kilghard

Kilghard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hello everyone (: usually I manage to find solutions to my IT related stuff. But I just cant figure this one out (neither can google) .
So i can LEFT(<-this is important)-click all the icons in my system tray and a nice menu of some kind pops up (as it should) how ever if i LEFT-click my network icon nothing happens (right-click functions still work)
, sadly i dont really know when this started happening so i cant backtrack it.
this is a problem because now i cant select other wireless networks (oh yes sorry its the wireless network icon) unless i know the exact details of the network , then i can go through the configuration screen

Sorry if my english isnt perfect (:

Posted Image
this is the menu im talking about.
Im sure it used to pop-up a few weeks ago.
Al the other system tray icons still display their menu when clicked.

Chat :
[23:19] <@myrti> is the icon grayd out in any way?
[23:19] <@myrti> what OS is this?
[23:20] <Kilghard> Windows 7 & no the icon looks fine (also responds to changes in internet reception)
[23:21] <@myrti> up to date on your Patches?
[23:21] <Kilghard> yep all checked
[23:21] <@myrti> have you checked that the issue persist when you switch from wirelss to cable?
[23:21] <@myrti> do you use third party software to connect?
[23:23] <Kilghard> ehm im not sure about the cable (dont have one around atm) but i do think it works , & no just the software that came installed (hp pavillion dv6)
[23:25] <@myrti> where oyu ever able to right click that?
[23:25] <@myrti> Network activity animation on Network Connections icon in the notification area cannot be turned on. The Network icon only indicates the type of network (wired or wireless) and internet connectivity.
[23:26] <Kilghard> oh right clicking is no problem (little menu pops up with "solve problems & got to network center" its the left clicking that wont open (= cant select other networks if available)
[23:27] <@myrti> i'm sorry i'm out of ideas then.. maybe try the forums, people there may know more about this
[23:27] <Kilghard> alright (: thanks for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

hello, not sure if this will make a difference and likely not the way you want it to be set ,but try un-checking connect automatically and see it the left click comes back

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Kilghard

Kilghard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Ehm im not sure if its clear but that picture is not my computer (:
As i cant open the menu ive got no way to uncheck the "connect automatically"

Nvm , I tried through the configuration menu , still no luck (:

and what exactly do you mean by "the way you want it to be set" ?
I would just like it back to how it normally is ?

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

sorry never meant to confuse you . go to start /control panel and open networking and file sharing ans try and follow instruction in the attachment , good luck

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Go to Manage Wireless Networks for previously connected networks. If your connecting to unsecured or open wireless networks and are not available, those options will not be present. If you are currently connected by LAN, you will not have available wifi connections. Some laptops have radio button to enable wifi and a launch setup wifi utility folder to open. There is also a customize setting on system tray to show wifi icon usually if LAN network is not connected.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users