Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! Used ComboFix & Lost Net Connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maureen_in_TX

Maureen_in_TX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

I've lost my internet connection from my wireless XP desktop PC.

I picked up a "difficult" virus (rootkit.zero access) and used ComboFix to eliminate it. ComboFix instructions stated "if you cannot access the net, reboot. If still cannot access, rerun ComboFix". Did both, but did not help.

Spent hours reading related posts here and on majorgeeks. Followed some suggestions, e.g. downloaded (from a laptop connected to the same network) and ran Winsockfix and LSP fix. Did not help.

Reinstalled wireless adapter driver (several times). Still did not help.

Changed adapter "TCP/IP properties" from "obtain IP addresses automatically" to manual, and entered settings from the working laptop. PC now states I am "connected", but I still can't access the net.

I can post the ComboFix log(s) and the text files containing "add-remove programs" and "quarantined files", if helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Additionally, "restore point utility" shows no points before virus/combofix activity (and "previous month" button does not work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users