Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't configure windows firewall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DellWin7user

DellWin7user

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

So firstly, I'm using Windows. My computer got infected by Win 7 Security 2012 rogue virus. I removed the virus with the instruction on bleepingcomputer. I think I removed the virus, but I cannot go onto the firewall. When I go to windows firewall, everything is disabled and thus not able to enable the firewall. So when I click 'Use recommended settings' it says that Windows firewall can't change some of your settings, Errorcode 0x80070424.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

The error code you've listed relates to Windows Update. Are you having any issue's with WU?

#3 DellWin7user

DellWin7user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Yes, because when I try to install updates, it fails and shows the error code 80246007 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

#4 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Run this tool.. Microsoft Fix It in aggressive mode. Restart after.

Can you list any errors in red from the event log?

#5 DellWin7user

DellWin7user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

For update, I tried for a second time and it failed again at the start with errorcode 0x800f0826

#6 DellWin7user

DellWin7user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

No log popped up or any fix it log found in my laptop.

#7 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Restart your computer once more to make sure the settings are correct.

Step 1. Please follow these instructions..

1. Open an elevated command prompt. to do this > click Start > type CMD into the search box > right click CMD and select Run as Administrator.

2. Type the following command, sfc /scannow

**The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To determine which files could not be repaired by the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

3. Open an elevated command prompt. Copy the following command > press Enter:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

**Note The Sfcdetails.txt file contains details from every time that the System File Checker tool has been run on the computer. The file includes information about files that were not repaired by the System File Checker tool. Verify the date and time entries to determine the problem files that were found the last time that you ran the System File Checker tool. Type sfcdetails.txt in Search programs and files and press Enter.

Paste the sfcdetails.txt into your next post.

Step 2. Download MiniToolBox. Check the following..

1) List Winsock Entries
2) List last 10 Event viewer errors
3) List Minidumps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users