Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba A305 Recovery Disc With New Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cjohnston2

cjohnston2

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

I have a Toshiba A305 laptop. It stopped working properly with a "no bootable disk" error. Also when we went to try and recover the computer, it said there was no hard drive. We found the recover disc DVD and tried to run that, which worked for a couple of minutes, but eventually stopped with error 05-0172-045D. So, I assume this is a bad hard drive. I assume I need to replace the hard drive.
1. Is the problem the hard drive or might it be bios or something else? Is this series Toshiba known for hard drive problems?
2. Can I replace this with a 7200 RPM drive vs the current 320gb 5400 RPM drive? How do I find a specific drive that will work with this laptop?
3. Can I use the Toshiba recovery media DVD for the Satellite A300 Series, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1 to restart my computer? IE, I just put in the new hard drive, pop the DVD into the reader, and everything will work fine from that point on with the new hard drive being put into the original Toshiba out of the box condition with proper partitions, Vista Home Premium, etc?
4. Or is this much more complicated and I need to take it to a shop and pay $250 or so--or buy a new laptop?

Edited by hamluis, 04 December 2011 - 12:28 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users