Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro very slow switching between users.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hi All

What would cause a computer to take several minutes when logging off one user and then logging into another user? Takes several minutes. Computer shutdown one time and ever since then it takes along time when switching users. Other than that the computer runs ok. The computer is networked to a domain.

Thanks, Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

Have you tried this?
Start \ Help and Support Search for "fast user switching"

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hi

The computer did not have the problem before it shutdown by itself. I know fast user switching works quicker but that is not want I want to use. Still should not take several minutes after I enter user name and password to login.

Thanks, Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users