Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Browser To Accept Cookies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 airaced57

airaced57

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

My operation system is WinXP,SP2.and my browser Internet Explorer. In an effort to set my browser to accept cookies, I go to I.E >Tools > Internet options > Security > Custom level > Security Settings. Instructions I obtain from the net, then tell me:

"Scroll down to the Cookies heading.
Click on the options you want for stored and non-stored cookies. Click on Disable to reject all cookies. Click on Enable to accept all cookies. Click on Prompt to ensure that you'll be asked permission before accepting a cookie."

My problem is I have been unable to locate a "Cookies" heading and do not have sufficient knowledge of the terminology to identify the correct section under a different name. Would you be good enough to advise as to the exact wording of the heading I must amend under Security Settings. Thank you in advance, Mchaggis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:32 PM

You might want to review, "How to manage cookies" from the Microsoft KB article at this link. Hopefully that will give you a better overview of the whole cookie process. hth

Be (Cookie Baking) Safe :thumbsup:

Da Bleepin (wish I was a cookie monster) AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

I thank you for your speedy reply. I looked up the site and it provides much more information on the subject than the one I used previously. I should be able to get where I want to by following the instructions. Greatly appreciate your assistance. mchaggis

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

You're very welcome. If you still have problems after reviewing. Please post back.

Da Bleepin Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users