Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new drivers help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 petersago

petersago

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

have acer 5920g and i need to connect to the tv. have HDMI lead connected to tv from the laptop but i cannot get any sound from the tv, only pictures. Have tried to sync to the tele but when i do it there is nothing there that says sync to. please help as we have downloaded stuff from the internet and want to watch it on the tele

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

According to instructions I read from a Google search, you should right-click the Windows Volume icon, select Playback Devices and set Digital Output Device (HDMI) as default to send the sound output to HDMI.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/198776-5920g-audio-over-hdmi.html#post2775708
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 petersago

petersago
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

they say a little knowledge goes along way. I have spent ages trying to figure out how to get the sound to work. how simple it is. Simple now i know. Thx very much for the information it has been a great help

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

I'm glad it was successful!
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users