Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re: Menus in Windows(disgruntled)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dsserena

dsserena

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

Ok, something has happened. When I open a program my programs don't go up and down in tile form, the are lined up horizontally and won't stay that way? They should be both horizontal and vertical like my desktop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 l337hackzor

l337hackzor

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Not entirely sure what you're describing but you can change the view of a folder by clicking on the icon in the top right of the window. When you mouse over this button it says "Change your view." clicking it will cycle through view options, or you can click the down arrow and pick one. Alternatively you can access these options by pressing ALT (while having the folder open) this will reveal the tool bar at the top. Click on view, this where you can change what view the folder is using.

If these aren't the options you're looking for, right click on the folder and click properties. On the customize tab there is a drop down for the option "Optimize this folder for: ", pick the appropriate file type or choose "restore default" if you want it returned to how windows originally had it configured.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

Do you mean they are not maximized when opening any programs? Maybe posting a screenshot with several programs open would help.

Tekken

#4 dsserena

dsserena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

:clapping: Well what happened? LOL. Thru a series of events, mainly the name brand of the computer,Dell, the harddrive crashed again. This is the 3rd harddrive under warranty and they won't give me a new computer! It was a gift!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users