Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32/hotbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dub3601

dub3601

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

I may have posted this in the wrong place the first time around.I have ran my main defense which was MSE "up to date BTW" could not take care of this win32/hotbar located most of it in the registry "manually' and deleted it then ran spybot s&d mailwarebites and installed adaware int security none of which can even locate the problem except for MSE but MSE encounters a problem when trying to fix it then randomly i see in my documents-downloads "pinball something .exe and I right click scan with adaware it picks it up and quarantines it. this pinball.exe showed up while i was in the middle of a 4hr full system scan btw was not there b4 im positive. But its the second time i have seen it and quarantined it. when i right clicked it and scaned it with adaware it said something like zango virus or something like that i tried to go into adaware and remove it after the quarantine and there isn't an option.

comp specs XP Media Center Edition SP3 3.19GHz 504 MB RAM thanks in advance i tried to get rid of it myself but wow...

Edited by Andrew, 03 December 2011 - 03:57 AM.
Mod Edit: Moved From XP To AII - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dub3601

dub3601
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

I may have posted this in the wrong place the first time around.I have ran my main defense which was MSE "up to date BTW" could not take care of this win32/hotbar located most of it in the registry "manually' and deleted it then ran spybot s&d mailwarebites and installed adaware int security none of which can even locate the problem except for MSE but MSE encounters a problem when trying to fix it then randomly i see in my documents-downloads "pinball something .exe and I right click scan with adaware it picks it up and quarantines it. this pinball.exe showed up while i was in the middle of a 4hr full system scan btw was not there b4 im positive. But its the second time i have seen it and quarantined it. when i right clicked it and scaned it with adaware it said something like zango virus or something like that i tried to go into adaware and remove it after the quarantine and there isn't an option.

comp specs XP Media Center Edition SP3 3.19GHz 504 MB RAM thanks in advance i tried to get rid of it myself but wow...

Thanks andrew I was thinking i was in the wrong place to post first time here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users