Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden files & folders

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 singer0422

singer0422

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

I successfully cleaned my computer of System Fix virus using Kaspersky, Super Antispyware, and Malwarebytes. My files and folders remain hidden. I have tried Unhide.exe several times and have had no luck. Any ideas?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 03 December 2011 - 12:42 AM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows XP:

•Click Start and select My Computer

•Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)

•Select Folder Options

•Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders

•Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

•Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes

•Click Apply then click OK

#3 singer0422

singer0422
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Followed steps and still no change. Start menu programs show as empty. Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users