Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM now a Full version?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SmileYoureAlive

SmileYoureAlive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hi.
I was following this until the downloading of MBAM part.
It's working fine, but there was a pop-up that said there is now a full version of itself and I can only get the trial version. The guide didn't mention about this.
Is there any other similar program like it? But full and free?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hello, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer.

MBAM is still free to use. However, a trial version of the pro version was added. This means you can use the real-time protection component for 30 days. After this you can still use MBAM, but just as on-demand scanner. This does not mean it doesn't remove threats, it just will not scan unless you ask it to do it.

I hope this addresses your concerns, if not, please let me know what the problem is (try to copy the complete message you get).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Good morning, SmileYoureAlive (love the name!)

Not sure what links you were following, but you may want to consider deleting/removing what ever Malwarebytes version you have (via the Add/Remove programs under the Control Panel) and then go directly to the Malwarebytes website and select the Free version.

Here's the link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Under the Products menu, you will see the Free version which I - and many others here at BC - strongly recommend. Once properly installed, you shouldn't see any other pop ups, unless it's a notification that a newer version is available, during which you may receive a prompt to 'try the trial version' which you can always decline.

Hope that helps, please let me know if it does.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

Oops. Sorry elise025, you must have posted while I was typing...I'm kinda slow like that.

Have a good day everyone.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

As Elise stated, no matter where you download MBAM from, once installed you will be greeted with the opportunity to have a a free trial of the Pro version. If you choose not to do the trial, then you just have the free one installed. That's how MBAM is doing it these days.

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

As Elise stated, no matter where you download MBAM from, once installed you will be greeted with the opportunity to have a a free trial of the Pro version. If you choose not to do the trial, then you just have the free one installed. That's how MBAM is doing it these days.

Screenshot: Upon first launch & update of defs, you're given the option to accept or decline the trial of MBAM "Pro" (real time)

Posted Image

#7 SmileYoureAlive

SmileYoureAlive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hello, and :welcome: to BleepingComputer.

MBAM is still free to use. However, a trial version of the pro version was added. This means you can use the real-time protection component for 30 days. After this you can still use MBAM, but just as on-demand scanner. This does not mean it doesn't remove threats, it just will not scan unless you ask it to do it.

I hope this addresses your concerns, if not, please let me know what the problem is (try to copy the complete message you get).

Hello again.
I believe my MBAM trial has ended because the Win 7 Antispyware 2012 has apeared again.
I try to click on MBAM again but it does not come up.
What should I do?
Re-download?
Download the free version?

As of now, I am able to be on the internet, and I only have two tabs open.
The Antispyware will not let me on another window or tab.
And I know, soon enough, I will get the blue screen and my computer will restart itself.
Then I will have to switch to my father's computer.

Edited by SmileYoureAlive, 04 December 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

Have you tried rebooting in Safe Mode with Networking and run MBAM from there?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users