Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Evidence to show potential infection Wind. Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 James1o9lang

James1o9lang

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Hello! I come to this forum with good news and bad news regarding my current situation. The bad news is that my pc seemed to be broken beyond hope. they good news is that I found a way to fix it with a program. The ?Neutral? news is that the program I use to fix it must be used every time I turn on my pc and bc of that I suspect potential malware or virus/infection.

Let me explain it. On a good day at work ( I bring my pc to work) I turned on my computer. After it turned on it ran a chkdsk, one I DID NOT SCHEDULE. I did however, force shut it down bc my video card wasnt fastened and I had to shut it down and fasten it in so it would work (happens from time to time I need to get that fixed) the force shut down may have caused the chkdsk to run even though I did press tart windows normally. The Chkdsk found ALL KINDS of error and changed many thing. I thought "well hell, ok, this must be good if it is fixing things." However, when my desktop appeared, so did about 7 error messages (1 for each of my start up programs) The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022) Click ok to terminate the application." Immediately I knew something was wrong. Also, when I tried to open Windows update, it said "page failed to load." That happened with many things in my control panel. Whenever I tried to get onto a program from my desktop, I would get the error message. I did find out I could access most programs by opening it as administrator in it's respective "program files" folder. this was not ideal but I lasted a while. In the meantime, I read the whole internet (lol) and started a thread on the vista section, though I was redirected here. I suggest you read the firs thread for most info. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic429563.html . I have run Malwarebytes in regular and safe mode and have found no viruses or infections. I was convinced my problem would never be solved. But one day, out of desperation, I ran TFC by Oldtimer. (temporary files cleaner.) For some reason, that completely fixed my problem. I must run TFC each time I turn on my pc. For now, that's no problem as it only takes a second, otherwise the errors still occur. I am just wondering why TFC makes it go away temporarily. It smells like an infection to me. Any help or advice is appreciated. Be sure to read my original thread for more info on what I have tried.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users