Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with drivers needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 purplewarrior

purplewarrior

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hello guys,
I got a drivers and utilities CD with my computer. Actually it says DRIVERS and UTILITIES and it has "for intel chipset mainboard" besides it in small letters. What i want to know is whether this is the CD that is used for installing all drivers or is that different? I mean it looks like this CD installs only some drivers related to intel chipset mainboard. I got this doubt because one of my friend said that he has got two CDs with his computer and one of them is a plain DRIVERS and UTILITIES CD while the other one is a drivers and utilities CD for intel chipset mainboard. So please help me out. If you didnt understand my question let me know. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

"for intel chipset mainboard"

Hi -
First silly question - Is yours an "intel chipset mainboard", and have you used the CD to install the drivers ??

Thank You -

#3 purplewarrior

purplewarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

Whats an intel chipset mainboard?? LOL. I mean are you asking if I have an intel processor(actually my cpu has the sticker "intel xxxxx xxxxx inside"). IF so,yes. And I have a biostar motherboard.

Edited by purplewarrior, 01 December 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

Hi P/w-
Where did the CD come from ??
Was it delivered with your computer or have you had a new M/board installed -

Regards -

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,971 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

The "chipset" designation for a mainboard refers to the support chipset that connects the CPU to all the peripherals. For an Intel CPU, besides Intel themselves, a number of manufacturers produce support chipsets, eg nVidia. If your model of Biostar board had an nVidia chipset for example, that CD would not be for it.

One way to assess the contents of the CD is to view the folder names, they are usually divided up by manufacturer and function. Mostly you can work out what drivers in general are on the CD, and probably which specific models the drivers are for from installer text files in the folders.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users