Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a dll problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zznorm

zznorm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

I have just purchased this PC to replace the one I had which had a catastrophic hard drive failure.
Very little could be saved from my first unit so I was basically starting from scratch, loading all the stuff I had before and setting up my Hotmail, MSN and Google, AVG 2012, IPod & ITunes with a 5000+ Tracks Music Library, Internet Banking, etc, etc. Lots of games from sites like Gamehouse, BigFish, PopCap and the like and PC maintenance programs:- Windows Repair Kit V3.0, 360Amigo, Tune-up 1-Click Maintenance, Tune-Up Utilities, AVG Tune-up 2011, Hitman Pro 3.5, Privacy Eraser and CCleaner. All of which I have been using for years with no problems.
All were loading and installing fine, no problems and finished for the evening and shut down as normal.
The next morning, switched on and all went normally but as soon as the desktop was displayed with all the expected Icons a message box was also displayed. It was headed, smax4pnp.exe-Entry Point Not Found. And the message inside the box read:-
The procedure entry point registerapplicationrestart could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll with an OK button below.
I clicked the OK button and the box went so I was left with my normal desktop and Icons. Everything worked as normal. I loaded my ITunes library and all was as it should be and good sound. Whatever this warning was for, I haven't a clue. Nothing had changed but the annoying thing is and which I am asking for any possible help with, is that at every start up, as soon as the desktop is displayed, so is this same message which I click on OK, the message goes and no other effects.
So if anybody can help me get rid of this annoying box at start up, it will be very much appreciated, thank you.

Detais of my new PC:- Built by my local PC Shop so no actual name.
MS Windows XP Home SP3, 400GB Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
2.0GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE
Soundmax Intergrated Digital HD Audio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Lots of games from sites like Gamehouse, BigFish, PopCap and the like and PC maintenance programs:- Windows Repair Kit V3.0, 360Amigo, Tune-up 1-Click Maintenance, Tune-Up Utilities, AVG Tune-up 2011, Hitman Pro 3.5, Privacy Eraser and CCleaner

You think the above list might have anything to do with the problem?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

Reinstalling integrated Soundmax driver might resolve the issue if the problem continues to appear.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users