Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Added more RAM now PC wont boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mryder30

mryder30

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I was originally running W7 32-bit with 4x 1GB of RAM equalling 4GB of RAM. I installed W7 64-bit with ease and used it for about an hour with no problems before I decided to switch out my RAM. I then replaced my 4x sticks with 4x 2GB of RAM sticks, equalling 8GB of RAM. Now, when I push the on button the fan spins really fast making a lot of noise and it also beeps continuously. Essentially the computer does not turn on to where I can operate it.

I also removed and put back in the old RAM but the same beeping and fan speed problem still occurs.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 December 2011 - 02:44 PM.
Moved to Internal Hardware. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Welcome, Michael. :welcome:

Is this a desktop computer? What brand/model is it, or is it a custom build?

When you said the new RAM doesn't work, I was thinking that you just had incompatible new RAM (wrong speed), but since you said the old RAM doesn't work anymore, something else may be amiss.

If you could provide more info on the computer itself, that would be great.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 LiamW

LiamW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Take them all out and try one stick at a time.
It's possible one of them are dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users