Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet problems after removing cloud 2012

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michelle1983

michelle1983

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I recently got the cloud 2012 virus and deleted it off my computer (I just plain old deleted the program, then ran avira which doesn't see anything). But now my internet doesn't work (even though my wireless card shows as connected) , so I looked here and ran the farber service scanner, which says:
IpSec Service is not running. Checking configuration.
Checking Start type: Attention! Unable to open IpSec register key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath. Attention! Unable to open IpSec register key. The service key does not exist.

then later on it says:
Connection status
Localhost is blocked
There is no connection to network
Attempt to access Google IP returned error. Other errors
Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error. Other errors

(I think the rest is irrelevant b/c they say __ is OK or is legit; let me know if I need to type it all up though)
From what I've read, I think maybe I have to import the ipsec register key onto my comp but I'm not really sure what to do - I compared files named ipsec on my housemate's computer and found one (napipsec) in system32 that was only on her comp, which I burned to a disc and copied to my computer, to no avail; I also found a whole bunch in the folder c:\i386, which doesn't even exist on my computer - should I copy that whole folder to my computer, or is there something else I should be doing?

thanks so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hi michelle1983,

I would recommend posting in the Am I infected? What do I do? as you may still be infected. Please read Before You Post About A Problem before posting.

Pauline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users