Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google spam me! (I think)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gagoni

Gagoni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Hi people,

I discovered lately that spam i'm getting on my g mail is connected with searches i'm doing in Google!
To explain:
When I searched on Google for a specified car model to bye, next day, I got a few messages on my g-mail account that offers me to buy that same car I have searched! And so on.. It happened me several times, for a different searches. I'm not sure now.. does Google always knows what I search? Does it uses that information on third parties? Or is it a virus or malware...? I hope you understand the question...

PS
English is not my first language, and if I made some mistakes, please, forgive me! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bitesized1612

bitesized1612

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

...I would check it out just to be sure, do some scans with whatever anti-virus/spyware/etc tools you have. Do you use the search engine a lot? Do you have the toolbar?

It's my primary engine and email and I have not had a single problem with spam. :huh: You could delete your web search history and flush out your browser, and see if that does anything:

Delete Entire Web History
How to Delete Browser&Toolbar Search History

Edited by bitesized1612, 15 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) // HP EliteBook 8460p = 2.50GHz + 8GB RAM 

AVAST! - Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox - LibreOffice - Rainmeter

Currently Testing: Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE on a Dell Inspiron 531 (2.1Ghz +3GB RAM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users