Ill start with some back ground. Got a virus (Privacy Protection) from webpage. Thought I had it removed by following the steps on here. Restarted my laptop and no keyboard or mouse action. I use a wireless mouse most often and the keyboard in the laptop. My wireless mouse worked after I pull out the usb and then reinsert it. I was able to use the easy access keyboard so I could sign in but that no longer works on startup. I am using my wireless keyboard for start up only because it will not work when windows opens. I am then able to use the easy access keyboard. Ok so thats the first thing.
Got into windows.
1. Vista ultimate will not set restore point
2. Will not update any Microsoft updates
3. Will not correct driver issues
a. Standard PS/2 keyboard
b. Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad
c. Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller
d. IDE Channel
e. IDE Channel
4. Restarted laptop after running malware/ spyware…programs shows problems, I restart as required because unable to correct unless restarted.
5. Now when I restart I am unable to login blue screen. Only way I can get in is by choosing last known good configuration. Then back to where I was.
6. Here is what I get on the blue screen.
0x0000007B (0X80399BB0, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
7. As stated above I am able to work off this sick laptop. So any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
Edited by hamluis, 30 November 2011 - 07:06 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.