Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Hijacker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 solarant

solarant

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

I hope someone can help me, I have a 32 bit laptop with XP Pro installed, and it is infected with a browser hijacker, I also had a problem with my pc clock not being recognized by a diagnostic program I use, and I think the hijacker caused this also.

I ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing, I ran HJT and it found noting, so I tried to run combofix, Combo fix downloads the microsoft recovery consol and says install was successfull, then it says scanning for infected files, this might take ten minutes etc etc, but it can sit for hours with the curser blinking, I eventually have to shut the laptop down using the power button. I also tried TDSSkiller but it would not run, I tried combofix and TDSS in safe mode but they still would not run.

Anyone any idea how I can clean the laptop.

Edited by solarant, 30 November 2011 - 09:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users