Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp antivirus 2012 rogue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mg1064

Mg1064

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

2 months go my whole office got hit with av 2011. One computer had to be reformatted the rest cleaned with malware bytes, hitman nad MS security essentials. All had mcaffee prior to infection. Another computer in the office had the virus detected but no symptoms and supposedly everything was removed now I am hit with the "updated" AV 2012 only on thaat computer. Which was still running Mcaffee but is never used for any surfing, but must remain atached to the network because of its function (digital X rays.

I downloaded OTM and OTS from this site, but the computer will not let me copy or read from a CD, it just freezes when I try. Would a memory stick work better. Am I looking at another reformat?? Cannot run Malwarebytes, hitman, because internet connection is disabled, Mcaffee will run but it is useless. Mc Caffee found it once and said it was removed but virus persists after reboot and now is not found with scan.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 30 November 2011 - 08:07 AM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users