Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello please help!! DNS server issues!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miechelle herv

miechelle herv

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

Got kicked off of the internet tonight, and tried rebooting to see if it would help - no dice. Messengers work (aim/msn), but no webpages at all. Any webpage I try to load is met with this message: "This webpage is not available. The server at google.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

I tried the options listed, and none of them worked. I've also tried recycling both the modem and router (NETGEAR WGT624), and that doesn't help either. Same issue, messengers work, but no webpages.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miechelle herv

miechelle herv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Also it randomly started working again, and then suddenly stopped again at a later time.. I am so lost here some one please help =(

#3 miechelle herv

miechelle herv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

bump. some one please help!!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Run Minitool box found at the Networking section http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users