Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic drivers for IGP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas84

Dallas84

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Is it totaly ok to use generic drivers from like Intel to update my Intel HD graphics card? Or do I need to use the drivers from Sony esupport to update my video driver? I have a Sony notebook that I got last year and I was wondering that if it's ok to use the Intel.com latest drivers.

All I can say is that according to Sony they said to use there drivers and not use generic but I want to make sure if that's ture.

Sony VPC-EB3QFX,
Intel® Core™ i3 - 370M (2.40GHz)
8GB DDR3/1066MHz
320 GB 5400rpm, Serial ATA
Realtek® High Definition Audio
Intel® HD graphics, 1.7GB VRAM
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Thanks

Edited by Dallas84, 29 November 2011 - 11:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

If your Computer is a Branded Computer is better to use Driver that your Brand provide except if they doesn't provide or maybe that Brand has went down you could go to Chipset Manufacture Brand Website to download their Driver.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 Dallas84

Dallas84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

So are you saying that it's not good to use generic drivers from Intel even my video card is from Intel? I have a Sony vaio notebook and the model is: VPCEB3QFX/WI. Maybe you can check and see if this notebook is ok to use generic drivers.

Thank You very much

#4 Dallas84

Dallas84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

If your Computer is a Branded Computer is better to use Driver that your Brand provide except if they doesn't provide or maybe that Brand has went down you could go to Chipset Manufacture Brand Website to download their Driver.

I might of missunderstood you but when you say branded computer do you mean like Sony? If so does that mean I need to use drivers that is provided from Sony esupport only? Also what do you mean except if they doesn't provide or maybe that brand went down? Are you saying about if Sony company went down then use generic drivers? You also said if they don't provide but do you mean if they don't update drivers for my model?

Since I noticed the last update for my video driver on Sony is made on September 2010 but I noticed that on Intel's website there is a driver made on September of 2011. I thought that maybe the generic drivers would be better then.

Should I still use the drivers from Sony?

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users