Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video viewing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 muskie003

muskie003

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

new to this. maybe in the wrong forum......
have windows 7. whenever i click on a video from any site (not using WMP)i am bale to hear the audio, but can't see the video. either the screen is completely blank or it constantly flashes and glitches. tried to update adobe but it didn't work. problem started when i got home one day and my pc had a notice on it that java had updated. tried a system restore for like three days earlier but no luck. even tried old faithful (shut down, reboot) with no luck. any ideas??? as you can tell i'm not ultra savvy with computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Most likely you have some plugin missing.
What browser do you use?
Can post a sample website where you're having problem?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 muskie003

muskie003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

its funny b/c different sites have different problems. espn videos have perfect audio but the screen is black. msn works fine as long as it plays thru bing. nothing worked on yahoo. cbssports had some things that would flash and cut in an out. you tube works fine - no issues. fox sports was the first site i had a problem with but now it seems to be working right. now i'm noticing when i scroll down a page (for instance msn) then scroll back up i'm unable to see the still images. they are broken up and distorted. not sure whats going on.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

What browser are we talking about?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users