Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard-Laptop conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fwlang

fwlang

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Laptop is a Sony Vaio, Mod VGN-FJ270. XP Home edition Service Pack 3, 32bit, Bios R01401X6.
I checked "Control Panel/Keyboards" to see what keyboards are recognized and the following 2 listed:
1. Easy Internet Keyboards "Logitech, Location: Plugged into keyboard port"
2. HID Keyboard Device "(Mfg) Standard Keyboards" Location: "0", Oddly enough, Device Status: "This device is working properly"
I use to have a wireless mouse/ergonomic keyboard approximately 5 years ago (don't know the mfg name), haven't used them for about 2 years. New keyboard is, Microsoft 4000 ergonomic. Attempting to install software results in the following messages:
1. Message Heading **"Microsoft IntelliType Pro"**,
Actual Message: **"Setup has detected conflicting device software already installed on this system that may impair the functionality of the device software you are installing. Click OK to remove the existing device software and continue installation, or click Cancel to exit Setup."**
2. The uninstall starts briefly then stops with the following message: Message Heading **Severe***
Actual Message: **"Sorry, this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will close now"** so I click OK and then message #1 comes up again, and will keep looping like the previous, if I don't cancel. Obviously the keyboard doesn't work, also I can't return the keyboard.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

If you go to Device Manager...uninstall the driver for each item under Keyboards...and reboot...that may solve it.

New drivers should reinstall automatically on reboot.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users