Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Network Devices In Device Manager W7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Computer Karma

Computer Karma

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi,

Windows 7 64 Bit, does not detect ANY network adapters. We installed windows in August and it has been fine, now for some reason it simply doesn't detect any adapters at all and does not display a Network Adapters heading in the device manager folder tree.

The hardware in question is an onboard LAN card on a ASUS Sabertooth X58 motherboard, the lan card is listed in the bios as a RTL8110SCLAN

I have checked to be sure that the device is enabled in the BIOS, as well as disabling other on board devices in case there was some kind of conflict. I also tried installing an add on LAN card and that card is not detected either. I have also reset the bios and removed the battery etc. I have tried reinstalling the chipset and other drivers and I have uninstalled windows updates that happened near the time the network adapter vanished.

I used RKILL and ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes to clean up a few minor virus/spyware files. But that too has not helped.

This is my first post, but I have been a big fan for a long time you guys do great things.

Please help before I get any more grey hair.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hi :).

<<...and ran ComboFix...>>

I have no answer, but what exactly happened when you attempted to reinstall the LAN drivers? Error message, please.

FWIW: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

#3 Computer Karma

Computer Karma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

No error messages installing drivers. Driver install package seems to run fine, but still no Network Devices at all in the Device Manager. Also, tried installing add on PCI card. It too was not detected by Windows 7

#4 Computer Karma

Computer Karma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

I take that back. I re-ran the LAN Driver install package newly downloaded and it says:

"The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable."

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

You did download the correct driver?

From This website?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#6 Computer Karma

Computer Karma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yes, I did. But it doesn't just seem to be the driver. The device manager doesn't seem to even know the hardware is there. It is not that there is a yellow exclamation, etc in the device manager. There simply is NO network device listed at all. As if it is not installed. Though, yes, I did in fact check to be sure it is enabled in the bios.

#7 Computer Karma

Computer Karma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Haven't heard from anyone in about 24 hrs, does this mean that you guys have no solutions?

Again, the system does not recognize any network devices. Installed PCI, onboard etc.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

If it's enabled in the BIOS...yet doesn't show up in Device Manager...that seems impossible.

Try disabling it in the BIOS and saving those settings...it sounds like it already is. Disabling items in the BIOS removes them from Device Manager, since they aren't enabled/detected as working components.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users