Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can,t get past "windows logo screen"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paulsr

Paulsr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hello, I am Paul and new here.
I have a problem with my Dell desktop. When I turn it on, it boots up past the Dell screen, goes on to the black "windows XP screen, then goes to the Blue "windows XP screen" and stops there. It should go to the log in screen but does not. Can anyone please help. Thanks Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

What specific model Dell system?

How long have you had this problem?

Any onscreen error messages about problem or otherwise indicating a problem...before current situation?

Louis

#3 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

This almost reminds me of the black XP screen you get after doing a repair install because of conflicting versions of IE... but after rereading the OP I can tell that is definitely not the case

Edited by LCS_Tech, 29 November 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#4 Paulsr

Paulsr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hello,
It is a Dell XPS 400. My wife told me she got a error message that said" if this is the first time seeing this message then shut down and restart, if not tell your admin" that message came up 3-5 times in the last week. I had the same message and when i shut down that is when this happened. Thanks again for any help. Paul

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Can you boot to Safemode or Advanced Boot Menu? Tap F8 repeatedly upon powering up the computer and then try choosing Last Known Good Configuration.

Tekken

#6 Paulsr

Paulsr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

thanks but I tried Last Known Good Configuration. did no good

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

How about safemode? Any particular issue encountered prior to the current booting problem? What steps have you taken so far?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users