Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirects from Google.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 marier4him

marier4him

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I am running Windows Vista. I use Firefox to get to the Internet and I have Blue Coat k9 for filtering. I run Malwarebytes and Defender on a regular basis and have recently done an EasyCleaner on my registry. It seems to help for about 24 hours and then goes back to redirecting with nothing being found until days later. I am being redirected to star feeds mixer, monster.com, and yellow pages mostly. Also, on 90% of my attempts at going to a site, K9 pops up and says it is blocked because of suspicion and then when I hit the back button I get there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled K9 as well. Over the last 4 or 5 days now, the computer has been shutting down and saying something about a mini dump (that sounds nasty) and giving me a blue screen. I don't know if that's related. Oh and I have been getting messages from my Internet provider saying there is unually high traffic on my ? I forgot to write it down. IEP maybe? I have a password on my wireless router.

I just got this message from K9 that this site is blocked, but I wasn't trying to go there in the first place.

meta.7search.com/click/click.aspx?x=3daMaeOGMEEe4aRLqJ2F1Q%3...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

I'm sure one of the helpers here will be able to assist you more than I can but in the meantime I have a few suggestions...

First, it never hurts to scan your machine with more than one type of anti-spyware program. That being said however, you NEVER want to have more than one anit-virus program as then can conflict with each other and leave you unprotected. My suggestion would be since you already have malwarebytes installed, and assuming that its the free version, to open it and click the update tab and verify that you have the latest definitions. Also follow this link and run SuperAntiSpyware. This is their portable edition so it doesn't need to be installed. It runs as a self contained package.

SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

You also may want to check your machine for any Rootkits that may be present, my suggestion is TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. You can find it at this link...
TdssKiller Kaspersky Support Page

Hope that helps resolve your issue and again I'm sure that the helpers on this site will be able to assist you further. Good Luck.

#3 marier4him

marier4him
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Thanks, LCS. I'll try those things. I don't know if what's on my computer caused it, but I posted my question 7 times because it kept saying bad request. I never knew it was posting and I don't see a way to delete the extra posts. Argg!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

I have already responded in your other thread here.

This thread is closed to avoid confusion.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users