Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PowerVault 715n boot loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dboss0331

dboss0331

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

I have a dell power vault 715n, when i ping the unit it will hit the target 7 or 8 times and then get about 50 or so misses. the computer only has a serial connection, 2 usb's, and an ethernet connections . Is there anyway where I can watch the unit boot or "post" as my coworker says.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Plugging a monitor into it would probably do the trick for you. Does it have a VGA port? or is there a KVM console in the rack (if it's rack-mounted, I forget how the PowerVault 815N is form-factored), that you could use to remote into it and view it? Or even better, do you have a monitoring server in the infrastructure somewhere that you can log into via web browser and gain console access to the unit? But your most direct bet would be plugging in a monitor so that you don't have to fool around with it.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users