Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will Microsoft FrontPage 2000 SR work on Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cinerama

cinerama

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

I have Microsoft FrontPage 2000 on my old PC which is running XP. Can I install it on my new PC which is running Windows 7. Will it work OK?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 amstadaM

amstadaM

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

It depends which Windows 7 platform you have.

Windows 7 allows you to run old software programs by a feature called XP mode.

But....!

Windows 7 (Starter Edition / Home / Home Premium) do not have this feature.

You have to upgrade to: Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise to access the XP mode feature.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - A. Einstein

#3 cinerama

cinerama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm just looking for the cheapest way to continue working on my web site but with my new computer. There are other options like FrontPage 2002 and 2003 but I don't know if they will work with my new PC with Windows 7. Should I just bite the bullet and buy Microsoft Expression Web 3.0? Will I be able to download my web site that I built with FrontPage to Expression?

#4 amstadaM

amstadaM

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

FrontPage 2002 is not fully compatible with Windows 7.

If you do bite the bullet and buy Microsoft Expression Web 3.0 you will obviously have a learning curve. I researched online for you and found a good website for converting your website from FP2000 to Expression web 3.0

Hope this link will help. Microsoft Expression FrontPage conversion.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - A. Einstein

#5 Jack101

Jack101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm running W7 Pro w/SP1 and MS FrontPage 2003 runs fine. I was using FrontPage 2003 in the W7 Pro Virtual XP mode, it also ran fine. You will have to have a full copy of FrontPage 2003 to install . Earlier versions will not run in W7 Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users