Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware locking my desktop :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomokochairo

tomokochairo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi guys, i have a 'slight' problem :P

I have a spyware/malware thing going on. Thankfully it's a known onw so here is a website which I found with some information about it - http://removal-tool.blogspot.com/

What it is doing to my computer- Everytime I log into my profile, after 10-20 seconds the screen freezes and shows this screen http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3v-goUqNUUA/TtP0GAUqRKI/AAAAAAAAEc8/56Oa5VObTjk/s1600/las_operaciones.jpg (But in english). I'am unable to do anything and I'am forced to turn my computer off.

As I only have about 10 seconds on the desktop I have no time to install any kind of spy/malware removal-thingy...
I have never had a virus before and obviously have never got rid of one :P So i'am a total noob when it comes to viruses.
I don't know much about it other than what is on that website...

I know it's alot of ask but is there anyone out there that could explain to me what to do to get rid of it..? I'am not too worried about loosing any files as I have them backed up, so if I could re-install my computer somehow maybe that would be easier... Keeping in mind I can't get to my desktop :(

I'm starting to get worried that I could loose my computer :'( So if you could explain to me in simple steps what to do I'd be forever grateful :P Thankyou!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hello my name is firemaster1337 and I will try to help you with your problem

ok so it appears that you can't download an antivirus in normal mode so you may have to try safe mode try to boot into safe mode by rebooting the computer and pressing f8 and boot into safemode with networking and tell me if anything happens
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 tomokochairo

tomokochairo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

thanks for your reply, so far everything is fine on safe mode with networking. What would be my next step?

#4 tomokochairo

tomokochairo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hi, i am trying to run dds on my infected computer and i can't because i probably have script blocker enabled.
I have norton antivirus and i can only run my computer on safe mode so i can't open norton to disable the script blocker... How do i disable it in safe mode? (with networking) thanks!

(sorry if it has been asked before but i looked for a while and didn't find anything)

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hello,

I have merged your two topics. I note in your initial post, that the first link discusses a file named avscan.exe

Please note that that file is connected with at least 3 different types of malware which have different removal instructions.

What is the file path for avscan.exe on your computer?

Can you please describe your infection more fully?

What does the text say in that image you linked to?

As for script-blocking programs, these are usually security programs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users