Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

acer laptop keyboard key not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bryan123456789

bryan123456789

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

I turned on my acer aspire 7250 laptop today and the period key (the key by the right shift button) what do i do (not even the question mark slash key works) i restarted the laptop twice and i even look on acer.com << that period is working because its the other period which is on the numeric right numbers where the num lock is... i think my computer still under standard warranty..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Under warranty call Acer and have your defective keyboard replaced while it won't cost you anything. Off warranty it will cost you $$$

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Well...I'd try cleaning the keyboard before I thought about giving it up to the manufacturer for warranty service.

Crumbs, ashes, etc...don't enhance the functionality of the keyboard, in my experience and I have to clean mine all the time :).

Louis

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

If you decide to clean it do not try and remove the keys. Delicate parts on laptop keyboards, not like desktop keyboards.

If you pop the keys to clean and break something where you can't get the key back on there goes the warranty as they'll consider that physical damage and not cover it.

All i would do is try a can of air to blow anything out from under the keys.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users