Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Dropper Attacked! Help Removing Webhancer & C:\windows\vxnlcg\command.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Polgara

Polgara

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hello,
I was Dl when my Norton's popped up telling me I had a Trojan dropper (something like that) infection. I immediately ran a scan but Nortons was messed with apparently. It came up with internal error. I than Dl Xoftspy and it came up with 153 adware & spyware! It quarantined most of them, some are still popping up. I've tried deleting WeBhancer from program files but it won't let me. I can't find C:\windows VXNLcg\command.exe (it goes by random named files= malware).This one is a major threat or so xoftspy says. Please help me get rid of this . Thanks in advance. Ps I don't have this Hijacker program yet.

Polgara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer! You can Start Here. Please be sure to follow all instructions otherwise it will only impair our ability to help you.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users