Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

most web pages won't load

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 cameo19

cameo19

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

no matter what browser I use some sites will not load no matter what I try. Please help

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 28 November 2011 - 07:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

What kind of error message do you get, if any? I think a more detailed description of what happens when a page doesn't load would be helpful as well as information about what kind of internet access you are using.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

I have an hp 2000-219DX with windows 7 and it happens with any browser. What happens is it acts like its loading but all i see is a white screen and it never stops loading. Sometimes with videos it will load the site but the video will not work somehow. I dont know much about computers but any help is appreciated thanks

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Can you browse normally aside from watching videos? Are you connected by wired or wireless? Can you give all those browsers you meant you used? Did it worked before?

Tekken

#5 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Can you browse normally aside from watching videos? Are you connected by wired or wireless? Can you give all those browsers you meant you used? Did it worked before?

It loads about half of every website and about 1 out of 10 videos from websites, and it's the same for the latest internet explorer,chrome, and mozilla. I'm connected to centertell via ethernet cord. I might not be right but it seems like its getting worse, it wasnt really a problem but eventually it got to where I can hardly browse at all. Also im using windows 7 and my laptop is new its an hp.

#6 BrenJ

BrenJ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'm having the same problem :angry: It started today Dec2.2011. I will be on a page and click on a link, a second page opens to load and it acts like it's loading but all I get is a white blank page. If I type in the link page I was going to, it will load...What the heck. Things were fine yesterday. Not sure if I am explaining this right...like today I was on my blog, clicked on a link on my blog, but the page won't load...any suggestions what is happening. Have I picked up a virus or something...I have ran SuperAntiSpyware,13 found, cleaned and rebooted then ran Malwarebytes nothing found, then ran microsoft essentials and nothing found.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

What firewall , Antivirus and other protection softwares/scanners are installed currently?

Tekken

#8 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

i just did a system recovery brought it back to factory settings. Problem still occurs. Nothing was installed no antivirus or anything but i still cant look at myspace wth

#9 BrenJ

BrenJ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Wow it worked. I fixed my problem by using the online scan virus from here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/. I now can click on links and it will load. It found a trojan from a program I had downloaded.. It fixed it and it was great. I found help here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/simple-steps-for-removing-malware/. Hope this helps someone else.

#10 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

I brought my computer back to factory settings cmon why wont anyone help this is the only computer help site i can load ffs someone help please

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Try this link -> Repair and Reset Winsock in Windows 7

Tekken

#12 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

Try this link -> Repair and Reset Winsock in Windows 7

it found 70 errors meaning it just wants me to buy the software... anyway it "fixed" 15 "errors" and problem still occurs wouldnt u know it

#13 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

thank you jhayz but it only deleted 15 now it says i have 55 errors and im guessing they are registry errors because my computer is at factory settings right now. Problem is still really annoying !

#14 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Help please its been a week.

#15 cameo19

cameo19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Thanks bleepingcomputer.com for all the help i didnt get. Apparently u all just arent as smart enough to make a site where ppl accually help each other. maybe my problem was too complicated for your newbie minds I D K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users