Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google redirects, multiple fake "antivirus" infections etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TLS_01

TLS_01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Hello, I am not sure how to go about this, so I figure I should just explain the situation.

I am currently battling "Privacy Protection" and it's fellow infections, the computer in question belongs to my parents, and I have been attempting to assist them in removing the virus for some time. In the past 2 months, I have removed several of these infections through various methods, and today it has reamed it's ugly head for the last time and so I come to you, for assistance.

A little background, I have been warning my parents about the lax policy of computer security, I have taken steps to install precautionary measures for some time *No script, Ad block plus etc,* And yet, they remove them as it is more convenient for them.

I have, in the recent two months, installed and successfully ran trial versions of malware bytes removing a whopping 8xx infections. I have also ran Kapersky crysis cd, and have run avast from an ubuntu live anti-virus iso which included malware bytes.

I am at my whitts end, I have college work that I need to do and can't keep fighting with this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me in order to help my parents out? I would start to post logs, but I saw that they are strictly forbidden in this subforum and so I await to be instruction.

Thank you in advance, it is much appreciated.

edit: I forgot to post operation system specifications.

XP Home edition x86

Edited by TLS_01, 28 November 2011 - 01:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users