Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IntelliMouse's right and left click work, but cursor won't move

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hello, I would appreciate some help with my mouse.

It is an IntelliMouse that needs to be plugged in via USB. I've used it on my laptop and it's worked fine until now.

I unplugged it and brought just my laptop somewhere, and plugged it in again when I came back, but it doesn't work now. I did a system restore while I was away, maybe that's why?

the funny thing is the left click, right click, and scrolling work--but when I move the mouse around, the cursor on my screen won't move so I've been using the mouse board on my laptop...could anyone help me make the cursor move again? thanks

Edited by fuzzbuzz, 27 November 2011 - 10:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 psy4style

psy4style

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

i got the exact same problem with my corsair m60! clicks and scrolling works but i cant move it anymore, and when i plug in another mouse, that one works! and my wireless mouse also works!

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Try the mouse on another computer. The mouse could have gone bad.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hi rotor123,

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty, (Robert Burns)

I fear your mouse has passed on, is deceased, is knackered. However, the simplest solution is to try another mouse. If it is any help, and if you are in the UK, TESCO were selling a USB mouse a couple of weeks ago for something like 2.99. The last time i had a mouse die, the cursor would move up and down the screen, but not sideways. Best wishes.

Chris Cosgrove :cold:

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users