Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions About Facebook

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hello,

I was hoping somone here could answer a few questions I have regarding the Facebook Site.

I tried to get the answers on their site but a few things remain unclear.

My questions are about 'notes' and 'messages'.

Should anyone reading this have the time to help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Dennis :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

What is it specifically about notes and messages you want to know?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

If you leave a note on your wall does is go to a community forum for all to see ?

What is the purpose of a note ?

If You leave a message on someones wall are they the only person that will see it ?

If someone goes to that persons site and clicks on messages will they be able to see the message that I left ?

In other words is it private ?

Thanks,

Dennis

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

If you leave a message on someones wall, it all depends on how the person who's wall you post, has their privacy set. You have no control of how it's viewed or not viewed. If they have their wall locked down it's private, if it's set public, it's out there for everybody.

I've never used the Notes feature. But if you go to the Help section in the pulldown next to your name, next to the home tab under the down arrow, there's a whole section on it.

Basics Explore Popular Features Notes

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the reply Animal !

Last question. If I lock down my wall (privacy) will a person that I contact still be able to contact me ? In other words will my wall still be able to be accessed and messages left ?

Dennis

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

If you have exchanged and accepted friend requests and have it set 'friends only', then yes they will be able to.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Thank you very much Animal for your help and time !

Take Care,

Dennis

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

You're welcome. My Pleasure.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users